If you have a business and want to build a website for your business then you need to buy a domain name for your website. Choosing a right domain name is almost similar to choosing a company name. It requires a lot of thoughts and consideration. You have to ensure that your chosen domain name will not only fit for your business but also make it easy to find & promote your business. Before choosing a domain name you have to consider some points like:
Who is your target audience? What service/product you plan to sell them? Is it a digital product or physical? What will make your business idea exceptional or different from everything else that is already on the market? M ost of the people are using the keywords in domain name. Domain names have a huge impact on all over the web in terms of click-through rate from search engines to social media results. When people see the results with your domain name for their searched keywords then you will get more clicks than any others. The search engine also gives a better rank for you when you keep targeted keywords in domain name. There's a huge asset of places that your domain name impacts your brand and your online marketing, and we can't ignore this.
Follow some tips to pick your best domain name:
- Make it brandable: When people hear or see your domain name, it sounds like a brand. Don’t use numbers and hyphens in your domain name because they don’t sound like a brand. They sound like nonspecific or extraordinary. Finding domain name which is easy to type is critical to online business. But it will help your clients to be found on the internet.
- Make it Memorable: You might think about that why it is so important to keep memorable. There are millions of registered domains. So havi ng a domain that’s eye catchy and memorable is most important. Once you have chosen a domain name share it with your some friends and make sure that sound good and make sense to others.
- Make it short: If your domain is too long and confusing then people can mistype or misspell it. You should be able to say it over the telephone once and another person should know how to spell it; they should be able to understand what you sell. Therefore keep your domain name short and simple.
- Avoid trademark violation:Check if the name you are using isn’t trademarked or copyrighted. It may cause you a penalty or may take you to a legal mess.
- Make it sensitive: A good domain name is a very first impression of what kind of website/ work. Being able to understand the motive of a website using a domain name is the biggest win.
- Use broad match keywords: Using keywords in a domain name can give you more competitive advantages over your competitors. Keeping your keyword in a domain name can increase your click-through rate. The keywords that describe your business should be chosen as a domain name this will help your website rank higher on Google.
- Use proper domain extension: Extension such as .com, .net, .in, .org, etc are the suffix of your website/ domain. These can have specific uses so make ensure to choose one that works for your business. The .com domain extension is one of the most popular and used extension. But It can be hard to get short and memorable. Here are some other top extensions and how they’re often used:
- .com: It should use for company or commercial sites.
- .info: It should use for informational sites.
- .net: It should use for technical, Internet infrastructure sites.
- .org: It should use for non-commercial organizations.
- .biz: It should use for business or commercial sites use, like e-commerce sites.
- .me: It should use for blogs, resumes or personal sites.
- Make some research: create 5 different domains, make 1 of them funny and tell them to all of your friends and see which one are the most memorable, you will get honest feedback if other people do not know you well.
- Final Decision: You should buy your domain name that is short, simple, eye catchy, memorable and relevant to your business.
I hope these tips will help you to choose a relevant domain for your websites.